At our meeting held on December 5, 2012, the Monson Water & Sewer Commission voted unanimously to continue chlorination on a preventative maintenance basis. Please be advised there are no problems at this time. In fact all of our recent testing has been perfect (please click here to see our testing results). The small amount of chlorine in our distribution and storage systems provides us with a level of disinfection which is insurance against potential contamination from water main breaks and has had a positive impact on our coliform sampling. If you have any questions
please contact us at 267-4130.
Dominion Water Line Replacement Program
We are aware that the Dominion Company is mailing sales flyers to water customers in Monson and we wish to offer the following comments in that regard:
- The Monson Water & Sewer Department (MW&SD) is not affiliated with the Dominion Company in any way or fashion. We neither approve nor disapprove of their program.
- The homeowner / property owner is responsible for the water service line from the house or structure to the property line or curb stop as per Water Department Rules and Regulations.
- Enrollment in this program is completely the decision of the individual and is not mandatory.
- The MW&SD recommends that any homeowner collect all available information and consult with an attorney before entering into any service agreement.
- The MW&SD will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have in regard to the age and or condition of your present water service line to assist you in your decision.
- For those customers who wish to replace their service on their own we can provide a list of contractors whom we have worked with in the past.
- Please make sure your contractor calls Dig Safe before any work begins to protect you and your property. Also, don’t forget to contact us so we can inspect the work to make sure it has been done properly and we can update our records.
Fiscal Year 2012 Quarterly Water & Sewer Bills
Quarterly Water & Sewer bills for usage period January 2013 - March 2013 will beissued Monday, April 22, 2013 and are due payable May 22, 2013.
Billed Sewer Residential Flat Rate is $340/Year or $85.00/quarter ~ Billed Water Rate is $5.00/1000 gallons, 6250 gallons or $31.25 Minimum/quarter.
New remittance, continue to make your check payabe to "Town of Monson" and return top portion of your statement to:
Town of Monson
Department 1080, PO Box 4110
Woburn, MA 01888-4110
Rate Change Effective April 1, 2013:
Sewer Residential Flat Rate $322.60/Year or $80.65/quarter ~ Water Rate $5.35/1000 gallons, 6250 gallons or $33.44 Minimum/quarter.
The Water & Sewer Commission has scheduled it's next meeting on May 8, 2013 @ 6:30 p.m. at the Water & Sewer Department. Please contact us beforehand if you wish to be scheduled on the agenda.
This Institution is an equal opportunity provider. To file a complaint of discrimination write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Washington, DC 20250-9410