Town of Monson COVID-19 Public Statement
March 11, 2020
The following information is current as of the above listed date
COVID-19, also known as the Corona Virus is a respiratory virus that is spread through respiratory secretions (coughs & sneezes). Older adults, particularly ones with underlying health conditions, are at a higher risk for complications.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- Shortness of breath
- In severe cases, Pneumonia
If you have been in close contact with a person known to have the virus, please contact your primary care physician. For all non-emergency assistance, call Mass 211 by dialing 2-1-1.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with warm soapy water.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes
- Clean things frequently touched with approved disinfectants
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue or the inside of your elbow
- Avoid large gatherings
- Give yourself and others more physical space- social distancing- 6 feet of personal space from others
- Do not share food or utensils
The Monson Board of Health recommends that all Town of Monson Organizations postpone or cancel group events and gatherings for the near future or until more information is available. If you have any specific questions or concerns about the Town’s response, please contact Monson Town Administrator Evan Brassard at email@example.com or by calling 413-267-4100. For questions or concerns about the Monson Public School’s response to COVID-19, please contact the Superintendent, Dr. Cheryl Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 413-267-4150.
For the most current and up to date information on COVID-19 please see the Massachusetts Department of Public Health website www.mass.gov/2019coronavirus